The Federal Cultural Foundation established the Doppelpass Fund to support joint projects between independent groups and established dance companies and theatres. The two-year projects can receive up to 240,000 euros to finance joint productions and guest performances. The aim is to encourage the independent scene and established theatre institutions in Germany to collaboratively explore new, tourable forms of artistic production. With this funding programme, the Federal Cultural Foundation wishes to provide artists in both scenes the artistic space they need to productively combine their structures and working methods. The Doppelpass Fund has supported 100 collaborations to date.
The members of the jury are:
- Remsi Al Khalisi (Head dramaturg at the ETA Hoffmann Theater Bamberg)
- Martina Grohmann (Artistic director at the Theater Rampe Stuttgart)
- Karin Kirchhoff (Freelance Dance curator and Lecturer)
- Michael v. zur Mühlen (Director/Head dramaturg and Member of the artistic management at the Oper Halle)
- Ralph Reichel (Artistic director of the drama section at the Volkstheater Rostock)
Structural funding since 2005
The Doppelpass Fund is the latest in a series of structural funding programmes, initiated by the Federal Cultural Foundation since 2005, to strengthen the viability of the German theatre landscape. The first programme, the Home Game Fund, encouraged theatres to intensively address the social realities in their home cities and regions. In 2008, the Foundation established the Wanderlust Fund which allowed participating theatres to engage in three-year international theatre partnerships. The Federal Cultural Foundation launched the Doppelpass Fund in 2011 with the explicit goal of promoting Germany’s vibrant independent scene.
Dr. Sebastian Brünger
Kulturstiftung des Bundes
06110 Halle (Saale)
Tel.: +49 (0)345 2997 163
Fax: +49 (0)345 2997 333
E-mail to Dr. Sebastian Brünger